Abstract of Winter 2013 paper:
The Multi Sensor Logger was used to monitor and store the environmental conditions of a bicycle trailer. The system usage requirements are, but not limited to:
- Reliability in a high vibration environment.
- Resistance or protection from temperature and moisture.
- Stabilized mounting of hardware to mobile platform.
- Ease of setup, operation, monitoring, and removal of system.
The system is operator initiated through the use of a control switch. The system makes use of all 16 I/O pins from the Board Of Education. It collects data from the following sensors:
- Tilt Sensor for tracking vibration, angle, and motion.
- Ultrasonic Sonar Sensor for detecting objects in range.
- Magnetic Compass Sensor to track bearing and to detect magnetic interferences.
- Speedometer Reed Sensor to track motion and distance.
- Temperature Sensor to record air temperature of environment.
- Voltage Level Sensor to record system voltage use during entire data logging process.
The sensor data is collected at 3 set time intervals, these are as follows:
- 250 sec intervals for Tilt and Sonar readings.
- 1.5 sec intervals for Compass and Speed readings.
- 10 sec intervals for Temperature and Voltage readings.